Bari-Uma Buddies

Chicken Rice

I was on leave again, and the kids were at my house. Brought them out to breakfast at Restoran Hao Peng You at Taman Damai Utama. Big Monster complained that the nasi lemak was tasteless, but he finished most of it anyway (+ yu tiao). The little one, finished one big bowl of wantan mee, while mum and I shared a bowl of fish head noodles. Somehow, MYR6 for a bowl of wantan mee sounded kinda alien to my ears. Was it that long since I ate out? Next was a trip to Giant Bandar Kinrara 5 for some grocery shopping. Amazed that the Christmas decorations weren't half bad. Think they got their suppliers to sponsor it. Giant set up a Christmas cabin, and beside it was a large Thomas Train carrying loads of Kit Kats and M&Ms. Carlsberg also had their own cabin made out of beer cans. Something a witch would do to lure unsuspecting alcoholics in the forest. Lunch was chicken rice at Restoran Kong Sai, Taman Equine. The Monsters were too rambunctious so I kinda let a parental roar slip out, scaring the living day lights out of the two ladies eating at the adjacent table.

Snowman and Beer

Later that night, I had a dinner date with Nicky05 and EJ. I traveled to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur via the LRT. Nicky05 was half an hour late, so EJ and I went jalan-jalan at Pavilion Elite first. For some reason, I never venture to the higher floors. Didn't realize that Nam Heong and Grand Imperial had restaurants there. After much deliberation we finally decided to eat at Bari-Uma Ramen. Bari-Uma (which by the way means 'super tasty') hails from Hiroshima and specializes in shoyu ramen. Their tonkotsu broth is really thick, which makes me feel that I'm drinking meat sauce. But I nearly finished it anyway. Haha. Their chashu is grilled with a nice amount of charring unlike the usual simmered variety.

Ramen

We had a long chat, and went walking around after that, taking in the Christmas atmosphere. Swarovski pulled out their sponsorship after two years, so Pavilion managed on their own this year. They opted for a large tree surrounded by hot air balloons, hence naming it "Christmas is in the Air". Saw some recycled animatronics from years ago which really pays off with its multiple use at multiple malls.

Pavilion Christmas 2017

Since nobody wanted coffee, we sat down at KAKIGŌRI instead, Pavilion's latest addition to its dessert scene. You have Snowflake on one end, and KAKIGŌRI on the other. EJ recommended the Hojicha with candied chestnuts and Kinako milk, which I really liked. I expected it to be sickly sweet, but it wasn't. One portion is enough to feed three really. The chestnut bits give it an extra bite, and adding the Kinako milk gives it an extra layer of taste.

Chestnut

By the end of the evening, I had added one pair of Private Structure briefs to my collection-- something that I had asked EJ to help me purchase some time back. Nearly forgotten about that cute pair of dinosaur print briefs.

Comments

Derek said…
Hehe the kids can get out of hand sometimes.
William said…
@Derek:
Requires much energy.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho