Swift Singapore

Eggs and Toast

Out of the blue, I was summoned to Singapore for a meeting with several of my colleagues. It was about some demo for my Brunei client. The partner's office was in Singapore, so we went down there. Arrived at KLIA2 bright and early. I didn't feel like McDonald's that day, so I went to ToastBox instead. I swung my teaspoon against the large soft-boiled egg and the whole thing just disintegrated in my hands. The table was a mess! Big eggs, VERY thin shell.

Looking Up

The flight was uneventful, which is of course desirable. The immigration counter was kinda swamped at Changi, and it was partly due to a whole bunch of Korean tourists who did not know how to fill in their arrival cards. Since the last time I came to Singapore for work, the office had moved to a different building. All glass and modern furniture, with a pantry that looks like something out of Google HQ. The meeting went well and by lunch time it was over. My CEO took us to lunch at .... wait for it .... wait for it .... Lau Pa Sat. Wow. I really miss the place. Meh. By late afternoon, we departed. Yes, just a day trip.

Four Fingers

Back at Changi, I was feeling a bit hungry, so I ordered some chicken wings with seaweed fries from Four Fingers (they replaced Texas Chicken). Didn't like it at all. So dry. Don't know what the hype is about. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet AlexanderTheGay, MoonlightPiggy, Nic, POD, Suzy, Kidz, and some other friends in future visits.

Gates

Comments

Twilight Man said…
They always make the best toasted breads with thick coffee.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Lau Pa Sat? Kiam siap nye lol.
William said…
@Twi:
Yes, I like their coffee and toast.

@JJ:
I paid for my own chap fan.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho